Tuesday, May 12, 2009

What Twitter Is

How annoying is it that every. single. mother. fucking. time. somebody brings up Twitter, there's always at least one person around who says "I don't get Twitter. I don't get how Twitter works."

Not "getting" Twitter has become almost as cool as Twitter itself, which is to say, not cool in any way, shape, or form. (I love Twitter btw.)

Anywho, it's like this: You know how on Facebook you can write in what your status is? Well Twitter is JUST that. No tagging or whatever, just writing in a very short status report.

"But I don't want people to know where I am."

First of all, you kind of do. Second of all, you don't have to write where you are. You can write a funny quip or even a boring quip.

"I don't get @'ing someone."

When you want to shout someone out or speak directly to that person, you put an "@" before their name. It's not a big deal.

And that's it. That's Twitter. The rest you can figure out on the site which is designed in an easy, soothing, nursery school-like way.

I'm not running an ad for Twitter here, just sick of people pretending to not know what it is.

Follow me on Twitter!