Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Hotel of Horrors

On the way to Stroudsburg we passed this really creepy old house that had a sign that said "Hotel of Horrors 7-11pm. Be There or Be Scared." Actually, I made that last part up. But the "hotel" was fucking crazy looking so we knew we had to go.

It cost $15 to get in (that's like a million dollars in New York money) and we waited on line for an hour and a fucking half. By the time it was our turn, we were so broken down and tired that we were just like, "Alright ghosts, scare us. We dare you." Little did we know...

This photo was taken 5 seconds after we were chased out of the house by a man with a pig mask and a chain-saw. This photo is NOT exaggerated! It was the scariest experience of my life. 5 floors, 27 rooms, each room more insane than the next. I would describe to what my favorite rooms were like but I really don't want to ruin it. Now that I think about it,I'm pretty sure I've already said too much. I'll describe to you what my favorite room was like but if you think you're gonna go, skip over this part.

*WARNING: SPOILER AHEAD*

My favorite and scariest room by far was just your typical pitch black room. We were just standing there not knowing what to do when suddenly a bright, bright light would flash on for about 10 seconds. We saw we were in a padded room, and the lights went off. When they went on again a man all dressed in white with a paper mache white mask was hovering around us, like right fucking next to us. Then, the lights went off again. We didn't know how to get out. I've never laughed and screamed so hard simultaneously before. I couldn't breathe. It was so funny. Andy and Scott were sweating and screaming. Just thinking about it is making me laugh.

The only thing missing from the Hotel of Horrors was a midget talking backwards and BOB standing behind a dresser trying to steal Laura Palmer's diary. Please try to go to this, it was SO worth it. I'm going every year. Make sure you get there early though.
www.myspace/hotelofhorror.com
Saylorburg, PA
If you decide to go, call me!