Monday, June 21, 2010

ASK ARF NUTZ

So it's 11pm and I'm still at the office with Elizabeth. We got so heavily sidetracked in a 90s conversation that I can't even go into full detail about it because it might just be THE most important conversation I've ever had. Like way bigger than I can deal with right now (note: Urge Overkill and Soy Bomb were mentioned).

But as we were talking about all the places we would see shows (yes to the Academy, no to ABC No Rio--way too scary. Scary as in intimidating. Crusty punks! God Is My Co-Pilot! Too much for little suburban girls). Another place she was scared of was Coney Island High, but I wasn't. I used to go there all the time. They had that soul night that was later moved to Bar 13 but I forget what it was called.

Anyway cut to December of this year. I went to get a tattoo with Judi (we only go to Michelle Tarantelli btw) and there were people hanging out, whatever. At one point someone said my full name and this girl Hilary was like, "Wait, did you say your name was Lesley Arfin?"

And I was like, "Ummm DOYE BOMB!" (No I didn't say that but come on..."doye bomb"? I know.)

And then she was like, "Dude, I have this sign from Coney High Island that I took when it got shut down. It says "Lesley Arf Nuts" on it and I've been looking at it every day for years, wondering who you were."

And so she sent me the sign.


WEIRD BOMB!!

I guess if you look closely you can also see that I wrote "Bottle Rocket" and "Rushmore"??? I don't know. I was being a nerd I guess.

On top it says Dave Eliot.com or something and that was this dude who I thought was cute but he was also really cool and wasn't into me. That's fine.

(SUCK IT)